January 5, 2016
A Year In Review
By Dot Sheehan
Happy New Year. I hope your 2017 is filed with happiness,good health and much success.
As I reflect on this past year,we at OHT are extremely proud of all Operation Hat Trick has accomplished. Hard work by so many who are committed and passionate about OHT make our work to support the recovery of wounded service members and veterans successful.
2016 was filled with firsts and many successes. I thought you would like seeing what some of them are. I know you will be proud of what this organization has become:
- OHT donated to 18 different organizations helping to make a difference in many lives
- OHT added many schools bringing the number of colleges and universities that have adopted OHT to 338
- Three significant ones were Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas A&M.
- OHT added many new retailers that are now carrying OHT headwear, apparel,and products. They include Dick’s Sporting Goods, Hibbett, Amazon, Olympia Sports and Rally House to name a few.
- The American flag OHT hat is one of the best selling hats retailers have ever sold
- ’47 produced a video featuring an organization that OHT has impacted – the Travis Mills Foundation. Go to the OHT You Tube Channel to view.
- 958 Lids stores designated OHT as their Nov charity of the month through their canister program. All proceeds will be donated to OHT.
- OHT developed critical new partnerships with Sig Sauer, Wilcox Industries, Texas Roadhouse, Geriatric Medical, and Albany Engineering Composites
- In partnership with Red River, ’47 and the Boston Bruins,a promotion was created to design and sell custom OHT/Bruins hats and shirts in the Boston Garden Pro shop and on line at www.bostonproshopcom – 100% of the proceeds will be donated to OHT
- OHT is redesigning its on line shopping page at www.operationhattrick.org to give buyers more product options and buying sites (effective Jan 1)
- OHT has developed partnerships with two new organizations – Canine Companions for Independence and the Adaptive Training Foundation in Dallas. Stay tuned for more information
- OHT will be the official charity of the Sports Licensing and Tailgate Show in Las Vegas Jan 17-19
In the last 4 years OHT has donated over $500,000 to organizations that fit its mission. We are truly making a difference – one veteran at a time. Next month I will tell you about a few of these organizations
Thank you for your support. Please join the OHT family by making a purchase or a donation at www.operationhattrick.org.
Operation Hat Trick
The Founder’s Blog is a regular feature on the Operation Hat trick website. This blog will give you information and recount stories of our journey to help those in need. To read our most recent blog and find archived blog posts, please visit our “Founder’s Blog” page.